Create Customer accounts group | Create number ranges for customer account group | Assign number ranges to customer account groups
1. Create Customer accounts group
In our example let us create 3 customer account group viz
- Domestic Customers
- International Customers
- One time Customers
Domestic Customers: All local Clients are kept under this heading.
International Customers: All international Clients are kept under this heading.
One-time Customers: This is for Clients from whom we only buy once.
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparation for creating customer master data > Define account groups with screen layout (Customer) or TC: OBD2
- New entries > Account group (FWCD) > Description: Domestic Customers for ADFW.
- Under FIELD STATUS click on COMPANY CODE.
- Under SELECT GROUP click ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT.
- Here set RECONCILIATION ACCOUNT as a REQUIRED field and save
Repeat these steps for International Customers and One Time Customers:
- Domestic Customers: FWCD
- International Customers: FWCI
- One-Time Customers: FWCO
2. Create number range for customer account group
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Customer Account > Master Data > Preparation for creating Customer Master Data > Create number range for customer account: or TC XDN1
- Click on CHANGE INTERVAL > INSERT INTERVAL
- Enter a unique identification for each Customer account group type & give them a number range:
- Domestic Customers: DC > 1 to 1000
- International Customers: IC> 1001 to 2000
- One time Customers: OC > 2001 to 3000
- CURRENT NUMBER: Fill this block in case you are continuing from an existing number range. Or else leave it blank
- EXT (External Number Range): Tick this in case you want to give your own numbers while creating new/each customer account.
Note: All new customer accounts will be assigned these number ranges automatically and will be created under the newly created Account Groups (Domestic, import and Onetime Customers)
Let us say: The first Domestic Customer, ‘ABC Indian Customer’ created under FWCD/DC will be assigned the number 1 and will be created under Domestic Customer (Accounts group). This means you can only create 1000 customer accounts under Domestic Customers/DC.
Similarly, the first International Customer gets the number 1001 and so on.
3. Assign number range to customer account group
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Customer Account > Master Data > Preparation for creating Customer Master Data > Assign number ranges to customer account groups :
- Select POSITION and find the Account Group (FWCD)
- FWCD = Domestic Customers = DC (our unique Id) and SAVE