Create Vendor accounts group | Create number ranges for vendor account group | Assign number ranges to vendor account groups
1. Create Vendor accounts group
In our example let us create 3 vendor account group viz
- Domestic Vendors
- Import Vendors
- One time Vendors
Domestic Vendors: All local suppliers/vendors are kept under this heading.
Import Vendors: All international suppliers/vendors are kept under this heading.
One-time Vendors: This is for suppliers/vendors from whom we only buy once.
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Vendor Accounts > Master Data > Preparation for creating vendor master data > Define account groups with screen layout (Vendors) or TC: OBD3
- New entries > Account group (FWVD) > Description: Domestic Vendors for ADFW.
- Under FIELD STATUS click on COMPANY CODE.
- Under SELECT GROUP click ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT.
- Here set RECONCILIATION ACCOUNT as a REQUIRED field and save
Repeat these steps for Import Vendors and One Time Vendors:
- Domestic Vendors: FWVD
- Import Vendors: FWVI
- One-Time Vendors: FWVO
2. Create number range for vendor account group
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Vendor Account > Master Data > Preparation for creating Vendor Master Data > Create number range for vendor account:
- Click on CHANGE INTERVAL > INSERT INTERVAL
- Enter a unique identification for each vendor account group type & give them a number range:
- Domestic Vendors: DV > 1 to 1000
- Import Vendors: IV> 1001 to 2000
- One time vendors: OV > 2001 to 3000
- CURRENT NUMBER: Fill this block in case you are continuing from an existing number range. Or else leave it blank
- EXT (External Number Range): Tick this in case you want to give your own numbers while creating new/each SUPPLIER account.
Note: All new Supplier/Vendor Accounts will be assigned these number ranges automatically and will be created under the newly created Account Groups (Domestic, import and Onetime Vendors)
Let us say: The first Domestic Vendor, ‘ABC Indian Supplier’ created under FWVD/DV will be assigned the number 1 and will be created under Domestic Vendor (Accounts group). This means you can only create 1000 vendor accounts under Domestic Vendors/DV.
Similarly, the first Import Vendor gets the number 1001 and so on.
3. Assign number range to vendor account group
- SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivables & Accounts Payables > Vendor Account > Master Data > Preparation for creating Vendor Master Data > Assign number ranges to vendor account groups :
- Select POSITION and find the Account Group (FWVD)
- FWVD = Domestic Vendors = DV (our unique Id) and SAVE