- SAP user menu > Financial Accounting > General Ledger > Master records > G/L Accounts > Individual processing > Centrally (FS00)
- Or simply type FS00 in the command prompt/bar and press enter-key
Steps for creating ‘Salary account’ under ‘Administration expense’ which falls under Profit and Loss a/c:
- Enter GL Account: (eg: 270000); Enter company code (in our eg: ADFW) and click on the small ‘CREATE’ icon.
- You will notice few tabs here: Type/description | Control data | Create bank interest and so on…
- Under ‘Type/Description’ tab: for ‘Account group’ select ‘Administration expense’, Tick on ‘Profit and loss’ and Enter the Long/Short Texts “Admin salary a/c”
- Under ‘Control data’ tab: Account currency (in our case) is USD, Tick on ‘Only balance in local currency’, for ‘Sort Key’ type ‘001’ and tick on ‘Line item display’
- Under ‘Create bank interest’ tab: For ‘Field status group’ type ‘G001’
- In the above example ‘Type/description > Account group > Administration expense; Here, ‘Administration expense’ heading is not a default option. We had defined it previously during Account Group configuration. Click here to see where this option is defined
- ‘Admin salary a/c’ number’270000’ is not any random number. We had already defined number range for ‘Administration expense’ group. Click here to know how we picked that particular number.
- In the above example, although there are many other options/selections/tabs I have made only the necessaryselections for creating a GL account. All other options that are not mentioned above can be ignored.